Thursday, December 02, 2004

Gaining, A Christmas Tree, and Daddy's Blog

And the scales tip in Kian's Favor!
It's been a good week so far for Kian :) I took him to my lactation consultant and he was up to 13lbs 12 oz.! The week before I think he was at 12lb 14 oz. She also measured him and he's 25 inches long. Then on Wed. I weighted him at Dr. Bravo's office and they weighed him 8 days before at 13lbs. and his weight that day was 14lbs. 4oz! Dr. Bravo was very pleased :) He is the the 3% for weight and height but he seems to be making a curve on the growth charts now so that is the right growth for him. Little stinker is still in 1-2 sized diapers! lol

I don't think Kian is getting as much milk as he should. It's not a problem on my end, it's a problem because he wants to talk and be social. I get him to eat pretty well when he's super hungry or tired though so I try to catch him like that as often as possible. I am going to talk to Dr. Bravo on Monday about eating with Kian. Right now I am packing calories into him and I want to make sure that I have a healthy balance going on so I don't set him up to be overweight.

I will be going to a free breastfeeding clinic on Wednesday and weigh Kian again then. He will also have his 6 months immunizations done on Monday. He was sick when he should have had them - poor guy had his 6 month birthday in the hospital. It was very strange to be in the hospital at that time - the pediatric ward has double doors that separate them from the Mommy Baby ward - it was strange to think that 6 months ago to the day I was on the other side of the floor recovering from surgery and Jamie and I were trying to figure out how to care for Kian.

We have a Christmas Tree!
Also, other huge news is that Jamie's Mom sold the Christmas tree we had when we were living there so we had money to buy a very nice tree this year! We are so excited to put it up! This weekend we will do some decorating for Christmas :)

Daddy's Blog!
Jamie now has his own blog :) So if you want to read up on Daddy's perspective on things take a look :) http://www.jamesondurall.blogspot.com/

No comments: