Friday, December 17, 2004

This has been the BEST day!

Today has been the best day! I did lock myself out of the house and the car on the day to Mom’s Group this morning. So Kian and I waited outside for Jamie to come and unlock the door for us. But thankfully that wouldn’t set the tone for the rest of the day :) Today was Jamie’s last day of work for the year (he has the rest of the year off!) He also got a bonus from the completion of the game and got a lot of positive feedback about how they think he’s doing. I am so proud of him!

THEN tonight was Oddworld’s Holiday Party. It was at the Madonna Inn. Priscilla (the lady I lived when I lived in SLO a few years ago) came and watched Kian. It was the first time that Jamie and I left the house without him! I was VERY nervous…more concerned about Priscilla having to endure his screaming! I guess he fell asleep about 10 mins after we left and did fairly well. He was a crank a lot of the time, but he did pretty well. Even though I was nervous I knew that Kian was in good hands :)

The party was great! Jamie and I had so much fun :) We had dinner, an open bar and after dinner there was gambling to win tickets to put toward winning items like a X-box, digital camera, DVD player to name a few. Before he started we were told to look under our chairs for envelopes and Jamie ended up winning an X-box game. Then Jamie and I played blackjack and Texas hold ‘em poker. I stayed at the same table all night – the dealer was super nice and helped me out a lot. It was so much fun :) We came out with A LOT of tickets and I ended up winning the digital camera!!! I really wanted it because I wanted to get an upgrade to the camera we have now but we can’t afford to do that. It’s an AMAZING camera that does a lot of stuff that I couldn’t even imagine! It is about the size of a credit card, takes video that has audio, and Jamie has read reviews about it that say that it takes professional looking photos! Jamie put all his tickets in the box to win the Nintendo DS (the new handheld game system) and didn’t win but the person who did heard he wanted it and gave it to him! This is something that they can barely keep in stores right now because it’s so wanted! The person who gave it to him will get some brownies from me when the office is open again!

All in all, it was an awesome day and an awesome night! We are so blessed :) And I am so happy to have Jamie home with us during the day. We can have some good quality time all together before the holidays :)

No comments: