Thursday, September 23, 2004

Back to the Grind for all of us!

We had a wonderful visit with Grandad and Nan this last week :) Kian did so wonderfully too considering that he is teething (I can see two little teeth trying to make their way out). We are looking forward to maybe seeing them again at the end of December :) We were so thankful they were able to come out and see Kian – especially because he’s so more interactive right now. Kian sure endured the visit with a lot of activity well!

Solids Update

After doing some research on starting solids, I have decided to delay starting Kian. I have read that starting it too early can cause allergies or digestive problems. Not to mention, I feel like Kian is watching my food just because he’s very curious about things now. He’s not mimicking me as I eat or wanting to put my food him his mouth. He’s more interested in colors and putting anything he can in his mouth :)

I am going to be watching how often he is eating though and seeing if he's hungry more often. I have read and heard that is one key sign that your baby is ready for solids. I surely don't want our little man to starve! Since all babies are different there is no reason for my to go by the amount of months he is (which it's suggested to wait until after 6 months) but to go by if I feel he's ready. Who knows, next week could be very different....we will just have to wait and see.

Teething!

Kian is cutting some teeth! You can see two little indentations in the center of his bottom gums. Dr. Bravo told us that he was teething – I noticed those bumps in his gums a few days before his appointment and Dr. Bravo just confirmed it. Kian is doing pretty well but it sure is hard to bear hearing him suddenly cry out in pain from being in a content state.

Paw Print :)

I picked up mine and Kian’s Paw Print yesterday! It is so cute! I will post a photo of it as soon as I can get one uploaded. It’s so precious! The print is my hand with Kian’s hand inside it and it says: Aug 2004 – Mommy and Kian. I can’t wait to show it off to those who come to visit!

I also got to see a Kathy again (our doula). She always comments on how much Kian looks like Jamie. It was so good to see her again. She is such an encouragement :)

This week

Well, we are back to our regular schedule this week. Mom’s group was on Monday, Tuesday Gina and I walked with our babies in the front carriers along the beach (that was wonderful!) and then sat on the beach and talked and played with our little ones, Thursday was Bible study (which Kian did wonderfully at! Luckily we met in the sanctuary where the cry room is so I got to go in there when he became a vocal and didn’t have to miss any of the message. Talk about a busy week! I am so blessed to be a SAHM (Stay At Home Mom), I would have it no other way. And I am so glad that there are a lot of things that I can do throughout the week with Kian to socialize him and keep me active as well.

Well, Kian is on one of his power naps after Bible study – so I think I might join him in a little R&R that us Mom’s get so little of :)

No comments: