Saturday, May 07, 2005

Reminiscing about Kian’s birth…

Well, about now I was in labor and had contractions for over 24 hours...it was contractions every hour but it didn't start getting closer until later on at night...we went to the hospital at 4AM and at about 8PM I was taken in for an emergency c-section. Kian was born at 8:58PM on May 8th :) I remember feeling the C-Section so I was in pain but when I heard him cry that pain lessened by about 80%...no joke! I remember feeling my heart jump with love as I heard his first cries.

Even though the birth experience was not at all what I wanted, I got my little man :) Here's a photo of me and Kian meeting for the first time:




I cannot believe that a year has gone by already! It seems like yesterday I had a big belly and was having a hard time getting shoes on my feet!

This year has been very eventful...mostly not in a good way
with all of Kian's health issues and the colic that he had during the first 4 months of life. I was just looking at some old photos on my computer and saw this one:

Yeah, you can guess that the only one having a fit is my little guy...I think he was about 3 months old at that time. At least now we mainly see smiles on Kian's face. He sure turned out to be mostly a happy baby :) If you would have told me that back at the time that this photo was taken, I would have thought you were CRAZY! hehe

Though all the rough times we have had this year, I wouldn't trade it for anything. I am so proud of my little man. It's bitter-sweet to watch them grow up...you want them to grow and be their own person and have freedom but at the same time I want to seal up the moments I have rocking Kian and things in a time capsule to open when he's 18 and graduating from high school. Right now I am going to enjoy every cuddle, hug, and kiss that I can.

What a precious gift God has given me. Happy birthday, little man :) I love you so much!
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

No comments: