Thursday, December 01, 2005

Update a month overdue!

Well, it’s been a while since my last update! Our home became grand central station over the last few months! Jamie’s sister came to visit for 9 days then his cousin Martin was here for a weekend soon after that and a week after that my mom arrived to spend Thanksgiving with us PHEW! lol! We sure have loved having the company though! :) I have been trying to do Christmas shopping and get our Christmas letter ready so my time has been pretty limited. All of that on top of taking care of a household and a toddler along with trying to do my warranty company work has left me with little time to spare. So, needless to say I haven’t had a lot of time lately to bring my blog up to speed :)

We are all staying well (for the most part). Kian’s wheezing is pretty much under control thanks to the steroid he’s using when he’s sick. We did have to pull out the Albuterol (for wheezing) a few weeks ago but we didn’t have to use it for very long which was great!

The Godfather: The Game is wrapping up soon and Jamie is getting ready to head to a new project – I don’t think I can say what it is yet but everyone will have an idea of what it’s about once it’s revealed. You can also take a look at Jamie’s blog for other interesting news at EA or just daddy stuff hehe

Kian is doing great! He seems to be learning more and more everyday! He finally did the “dance around in a circle” dance at gym kids on Monday! He was quite the little show off too because he was the only one doing it by himself! He even does the part where you kick your leg and hop hehe He’s so cute!

He also can point to his belly, head, hand (he gets those mixed up sometimes though!), foot and nose! He still enjoys playing with his cars – which he plays with ALL the time. He also applies the “finished” sign to pretty much everything – stories, songs, dances, playing or when he’s just plain done with a toy or going to stop something you told him “no” about a million times lol And at times I believe he’s becoming more of a toddler everyday lol A trip to the grocery store can become Mom’s worst nightmare! In general he’s very well behaved – I think this is all apart of him discovering where the boundaries are and how far he can push.

Kian’s new tricks include standing in his highchair and being able to reach things on the counter – even though he’s a small fry he can still reach things pretty easily!

Kian’s Stats!

I forgot to post Kian’s stats from his last visit to the Ped for a well check! It was for his 18 month appointment (at the beginning of November). Kian’s height was 30 ¾ which puts him in the 10-15% and his weight was 20lbs 15oz. and that puts him in the 3-5%. The Ped was not concerned though and said that these are the right numbers for Kian and his growth is making the proper curve. I figure someone has to be in those percentiles – it just happens to be our little guy!

Winter is here!

Yeah that is a little exciting because it means that things are finally cooled off and we can bring out the long sleeves! Our winter consists of rain pretty much and things get cooler. Today it is POURING outside – Thank God we don’t have anywhere to go. The last few rains have brought my flowers outside back to life – yeah, I know that sounds strange but its true! I have kind of neglected watering them toward the end of the summer (forgetfulness combined with a doubled water bill when I was watering them several times a week).

And with winter comes Christmas and decorating for the holidays :) We have our prelit tree up already and we will decorate it this weekend.

Kian is up from his nap now and I need to go and spend some time with him :) Signing off for now but hopefully I will be back to weekly if not biweekly updates ;)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

YAH! Good to hear from you again - I've been waiting =) Sounds like your crew is doing well on your side of the country =) Hopefully we will have good news to share with YOU soon, as well! =) Looking forward to more frequent updates =)