Monday, August 21, 2006

A Pillow and the Coloring Fiend!

Kian is getting to be more and more of a big boy! Jamie and I thought it was time for him to have a pillow. I’ve been so leery of letting him have one with the risk of SIDS…although at this age it’s just something in the back of my mind that never leaves! (yes, I still check to see if he’s still breathing every night before I go to bed). Anyway, Kian has been pretending to sleep downstairs with a blanket and pillow and lately I have seen him curled up with a blanket and pillow watching TV – pretty much like what you and I would do lol

So, this weekend Jamie and I bought him a pillow. Last night was the first time he slept with it. I thought it might think it was a novel idea and have a hard time sleeping but he went to sleep right away! When I checked on him a few hours later, the pillow was on his back and he was back to sleeping how he normally does lol Jamie went to get this up this morning and he was on his pillow again :) Apparently he does like it :) Hopefully nap time goes well with it too.

Kian is a coloring FIEND! I bought a new book coloring book for him last week and he’s colored on almost every page! If there is even a hint of crayon on a page he’s done with it! I’m hoping I can make this book last for the rest of the week – well – he’s just going to have to deal lol Buying coloring books on a weekly basis can be an expensive endeavor even if they are only $1.25 each! Not to mention, his So Big crayons by Crayola are looking very worn lol Good thing I have another stashed away! I think total during the day he spends at least 2 hours coloring! He loves it :)

No comments: