Wednesday, January 19, 2005

Update on Kian's Weight

Kian gained 10 ounces in the last week! He now weighs 14lbs. 13 ounces. The Doctor was very pleased to say the least! We have to do weight checks on him every week for a while but so far it looks like he's still playing catch up from his hospitalization in November. So no tests yet and it looks like everything is going well with his weight.

Right now I am very concerned about my breast milk. I am taking Fenugreek and Blessed Thistle and I feel as though my milk is declining. I am borrowing a scale from my lactation consultant so I can see how much he’s getting and today after his nap he only got .6 of an ounce :( He had to work really hard to get that too. I am going to see if I can bump up the Blessed Thistle again and see if I can get more of a let down happening so he doesn’t have to work so hard for so little. He’s been having very good pee-pee diapers lately so I have just figured that he’s getting enough. I am going to have to work pretty hard at getting it up – I might even start doing some of those old fashioned oats oatmeal smoothies (yum – not!). I will have the scale until Friday morning so I will be using it until then – I am praying that things will go better. We would appreciate some prayers in that area as Kian won’t take a bottle or formula.

No comments: