Sunday, July 04, 2004

The Week of June 27th - July 4th

Happy 4th of July!

I hope everyone had their fill of BBQ'd favorites :) I know Jamie and I did :) Jamie, Kian and I went to a BBQ at our friend Steve and Lisa's. Kian did very well for his first cook out :) He was there for about 3 hours and did very well visiting with everyone. He even wore his 4th of July outfit that his Grandma Lopas bought him - he was so cute :) Me and Kian left the party early so he could rest - he was getting a little over stimulated and was having a hard time getting to sleep. I just think he doesn't want to miss out on anything that's going on! hehe Daddy stayed and played poker with the guys with his new clay chip set and he did pretty well! He finished 4th out of 12 people! Mommy and Kian are proud of Daddy, especially since he's a beginner :)

Spiderman 2

Kian has officially seen his first movie, Spiderman 2. Well, he slept through the entire movie hehe There is a drive in movie theatre in SLO not too far from where we live. This weekend they were showing Spiderman 2 as the first feature. Kian did great! He even wore his little Spiderman onsie that his Grandma Lopas bought for him :) Steve and Lisa came to the drive in with us - they thought his outfit was very cute :) Jamie and I have decided that we will probably see quite a few movies this way this summer. There's nothing like being in your own car with your own snacks and drinks and watching a movie. Not to mention, if Kian cries, he doesn't really bother anyone (it gets pretty cool at night here so we have the windows rolled up which is very nice :)

"NGah"

This last week Kian has been making some new noises. "NGah" is the one he says most :) When I was at my New Mommies class on Wednesday, a mom talked about reading in a book that if you repeat their coos back to them it will validate what they are saying and they will talk even more. Jamie and I have been doing that with Kian and he has talked to us for about 10 minutes at a time! He also has lots of smiles for us too while he tells us stories :)

Aquarium Bouncer

Kian's Great-Aunt Lori bought him an Aquarium Bouncer before he was born and I would have to say that it's his favorite thing to do! You will many pictures of him in it on our website. He can be crying from bordem and his bouncer will make him coo almost immediately. It has actually been my saving grace when I need to put him down and want him to be occupied. Talk about an invaulable gift! Thanks Aunt Lori!


Baby Einstien and Mommy's First outing Without Kian

I had my first time away from Kian on Saturday. I was only gone for about 2 hours, but I was ready to return home and see how my guys were doing :) My friend Christine and I left our little guys with our hubbies and set out for Ross Dress for Less (it's kind of like a TJ Maxx but better prices). It sure was strange to not have Kian with me but it was nice to be able to try on some clothes and shop without worrying about Kian and what he needed.

Kian was very good for Daddy :) While was I gone Jamie played one of our Baby Einstein movies for Kian. We bought the full collection of movies with baby gift money and Kian loves them! (For those of you who do not know what they are, they are DVD's that play music like Mozart and Bach while the pictures shows colorful objects moving on the screen.) They are quite boring for an adult to watch but it sure is entertaining to watch Kian watch them! Jamie said that Kian smiled as he watched for about 20 minutes! He would smile really big every time an object would change :) I'm not sure who was more entertained, Daddy or Kian hehe

No comments: