Monday, August 29, 2005

Mommy and Daddy's non-weekends and Kian's Eventful Week

Last week has been a pretty stressful one (and to be honest Monday didn’t start on the right foot either). Jamie is working lots of hours to meet an upcoming deadline. He worked through this weekend as well (and did last weekend). It’s really hard on all of us because he doesn’t get a break and neither do I. I pretty much do the same thing I do during the week which is stay home and talk to my 15 month old who really is no conversation at all :( Ah yes, my life seems pretty sad… Annually making friends is no picnic and is getting harder and harder for this introvert to do.

Wow, I can’t believe that it’s Monday. It feels like it should be Saturday. I cannot wait for this project to be over so I can have my husband back along with our weekends together!

This last week has been an eventful one for Kian though.

Kian’s Molars


Kian currently has 2 molars (on the left side) that are almost all the way in and the top right one is coming through right now. Those molars are pretty painful for him and he’s had many wake ups at night because of it. Poor little guy! The bottom right molar is bulging too so I have a feeling it will poke through soon. I can’t wait for him to have all his teeth for now! Wow! What a crank he is during the day! For now we keep the Tylenol flowing and the Hyland’s Teething Tablets going.

Climbing!


Kian has figured out how to climb up our leather recliner. Yesterday Jamie told showed me he had gotten up there. I figured we would just need to keep an eye on him and I was happy to see that he was getting down off of it backwards as I have taught him. Well, later on yesterday I was watching a TV show and noticed he got on the chair. I when back to watching my show and then turned back to him and saw him climbing up the back of it and almost getting over the top part of the recliner! I almost had a heart attack!

Since I can’t be in the living room all the time, Jamie and I decided that we needed to up to something up to block him from getting up in the chair. Jamie found a box that would fit in the recliner and put some heavy books in it. There was still room for Kian to move the box so we too two 12 packs of soda and squished them into the seat lol It’s actually worked so far! He has tried to move the 12 packs and get up on the chair but he has yet to succeed. lol I hope he doesn’t because I have no idea what we will put there!

“Finished”

Since Kian was bout 6 months I started doing the sign in sign language for finished. I would do the sign when he was done eating and a lot of times I would ask him if he was “finished” and he would do the sign to tell me that he was. This is what it looks like: http://www.signwithme.com/video_display.asp?ID=30 He finally started to do it himself at about 9 or 10 months and then used it at the right time (not when I asked him if he was finished) at about 11 or 12 months.

Well, this last week Kian started using finished for things other than mealtime! He was having a rough time napping. I thought I would let him cry and see if he would just fall asleep again – but he didn’t. So, I went in his room and picked him up and said to him…”what’s the deal?” and he did the sign for finished! LOL I almost died laughing although he was very serious! He did it again yesterday morning when I went to get him after he woke up. I have to put the cat outside and I get his sippy with milk warmed up before I get him so he cried a little bit and when I went in there again he showed me the finished sign….it was like he was saying “I’m finished sleeping, Mama” LOL It was so cute!

I have been meaning to show him other signs but keep forgetting to look them up or do them consistently. So now I am teaching him the signs for “drink” which is: http://www.signwithme.com/video_display.asp?ID=20 and the sign for “more” which is: http://www.signwithme.com/video_display.asp?ID=29

No comments: