Thursday, October 05, 2006

Ants and.......

MICE (insert puking sounds here!) YUCK!

So, I have known we have had a bit of an ant problem for a while. When we first moved in they infilltrated Toby's food (which was outside at the time) and I found some in our pantry area of our house. Well, the rainy season is now starting around here. Rain = Ants when you live in California. If you have ever lived here, you will have ants at least once a year...it's just inevitable. Jamie felt we could solve our problem with some ant traps. I knew it would be fruitless but I was willing to spend $5 instead of $105 and having a bug guy come out.

Last night we bought a new food container for Toby's food and filled it up with a brand new 35lb bag. This morning I went to the pantry to get some things right away in the morning and notice a HUGE infilltration of ants all over our recycle bin and Toby's food. I showed it to Jamie and told him we really needed to call a bug guy. He luckily still had the card from the guy that did the inspection on our place before we bought it so we called them. AND boy, and I am glad we did!

The bug guy showed up and looked all around and suggested different types of service...we are now on a bi-monthly plan and it's a darn good thing because he discovered that our hotwater heater closet (which is located right off the back paito) has rats or mice.... YES I have the eebie-geebies thinking of mice/rats running through my house!!! In fact, while he was spraying outside and cleaning off cob webs from the house - I heard a click....we caught a mouse within 5 mins of him setting those traps!

Our house does butt up against a big open field so mice are something I kind of expected to be around...BUT NOT IN MY HOUSE bleck! He showed me areas of the house that we need to make sure are closed up - areas where they rodents are slipping in. Apparently they can get in anywhere that is the size of a quarter!

Hopefully our pests of all shapes and sizes will be gone quickly. Right now I am a bit grossed out.

But boy am I glad we called them! It was worth it!

No comments: